Review a Textbook
Campus Manitoba is looking for qualified subject matter experts from Manitoba post-secondary institutions to review the open textbooks in our collection. Should the textbook meet the faculty member’s need, we are also asking them to consider a voluntary adoption of the textbook for a course.
An honorarium of $250 will be provided to eligible and qualified individuals who complete, submit — and permit the open publication of the review — on an open textbook in the MB Open Textbook collection.
The reviews will be published on the Campus Manitoba and BCcampus open textbook websites. They will be publicly available under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Derivative (CC-BY-ND) 3.0 license. More information about the review process can be found in the FAQ.
- Application Form – The form includes a list of existing open textbooks eligible for review.
- BCcampus Open Textbooks Review Criteria [DOC]
- Frequently Asked Questions
Review and Selection Process
- Faculty who would like to review the open textbook should be teaching in the subject area for that specific textbook.
- Reviewers should be teaching at a post-secondary institution in Manitoba.
- Willingness to adopt the selected open text, should it meet the faculty’s need, will be taken into account.
- Faculty must also agree to publish their review under an open license.